Saturday, January 9, 2010

Keeping Time

While I was on my big train trip from San Francisco to Moncton, I figured it would only make sense to have a pocket watch. I haven't owned or worn a watch in about a decade now, and I wouldn't ever want to have to wear one on my wrist again, so this made a lot of sense.

I also figured while looking for one, why skimp out, why not get a nice one, and especially one where you can actually see what's going on inside! It's very mesmerizing.

I also debated about the background on this, and decided that I liked the lines on lined paper, especially cause I could make them off angled to hopefully give it a bit of dynamics.

Good thing about this project, it definitely has got me thinking again, and interested in trying to capture different things than I normally would.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous moe said...

i love holding it. i can feel the insides working.

as for this project, i realized last night that i sort of want to take pictures of EVERYthing now! i missed that feeling.. i was starting to feel very weighed down.

i really like this photo. :)

January 9, 2010 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

a friend of mine has one and it's always so awesome when someone asks him the time and he whips it out.

January 10, 2010 at 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home