Sunday, January 3, 2010

ay

my name is moe. i take pictures.

i'm #2 in this project. i had a few ideas for my first picture, but a series of events lead me to show the one i am.

there are two very important "things" in my life. photography and music. i also have a bit of a ridiculous obsession with hats & scarves. i'm not talking those fancy ones. no, i mean winter gear. the more ridiculous the better.
back to music. i listen to a lot of it. often, my photography compliments the music i listen to. i'm pretty lucky like that. a lot of the music i listen to comes from cbc. radio 3, to be specific.

so when i found out that they had scarves, ohmygawd i had to have one. as luck would have it, they're a fairly nice bunch and took pity on me. i got a scarf. much to my own disbelief.

then they came out with toques. real deal hoser style. it was damn near all i talked about. my friend martin (he should be the next to post) went on a ridiculous cross canada trip and visited both cbc headquarters. while in vancouver he scored a hat for himself, and another friend.
being the sort of selfish person i am, i thought it couldn't hurt to ask him to get me one, too. knowing that asking for a 3rd hat would be a pretty big deal, i pretty much dropped the thought as soon as i posed the question.

until tonight: when he presented me with one! oh, the excitement.

i have a lot of hair (!) so it's a bit of a tight fit, but if i pile all of the ridiculousness that is my mop onto the top of my head, it works.

it's like a +5 to my AC

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger cr8tiveCandy said...

So I wasn't allowed to comment on Ryan's since he said not to, but HA! I'm lurking, watching. Great pic, awesome hat.

January 3, 2010 at 4:28 PM  
Blogger Martin Cathrae said...

Glad you like it, it was awesome of them to give me 3 toques! I love mine as well, they're excellently old school.

January 3, 2010 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I didn't say you couldn't comment, just to not give me a hard time :(

ps. that hat is so awesome

January 3, 2010 at 5:18 PM  
Anonymous moe said...

charlene, no lurking allowed! you must comment! :P

martin, i am beyond thankful that you asked for this one. i really and truly did not expect you to.

ryan- IT'S MINE AND YOU CAN"T HAVE IT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

January 4, 2010 at 5:07 AM  
Blogger dawna said...

there is NO. WAY. that hat would ever fit on my head... but it is surely stellar.

January 8, 2010 at 10:32 PM  
Anonymous moe said...

haha nope! you have WAY more dreads than i do! :D
i think i will have to cut my dreads short every winter just so i can wear it.

January 8, 2010 at 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home