Thursday, January 7, 2010

coffee

Well, here I am writing a blog post when I should be writing actual important things. I'm pretty dang good at procrastinating.



This is a photo of one of my most favouritest things in the entire world: coffee. I had my first taste of coffee when I went to school the first time. I was taking culinary arts and the chef brought in a bunch of coffee and little German chocolates, and we sat down and just drank coffee and ate chocolate. I remember the chocolate would melt almost instantly upon dropping it into the coffee.

I'm the kind of person that can drink a coffee and not have it affect me too much. It's typical for me to drink it right before bed and still be able to sleep just fine. I guess I've had so much that I've built up a resistance. I love the taste, the smell, the sound & feel of the beans. I love the entire act of making it. I have a french press which I love to death, it makes a great cup. It's very cathartic to go through the whole process of doing everything manually. :)
Ryan

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous moe said...

ooooh my favourite subject! since you mentioned coffee about 15 minutes ago, i've been craving one!

coffee never used to affect me, but i seem to have so much trouble falling asleep, i rarely risk drinking it late in the evening anymore. it bums me out fairly often.

SO many times i've had a coffee at 11pm and have fallen asleep by midnight!

January 7, 2010 at 11:42 PM  
Blogger Martin Cathrae said...

I agree with everything you said about coffee Ryan. I have an air press and it makes great coffee, I love it!

Coffee tends not to affect me that much either, I can have coffee before bed and be ok, which is why I lament that all our coffee shops here in Charlottetown are closed by 7 in the evening! I love going out and chilling out at them at night.

January 8, 2010 at 4:00 PM  
Anonymous moe said...

i wish i had a proper coffee press. the one i have was free and makes me fairly grumpy every morning.
(until my coffee is brewed, that is...)

January 8, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home